2009年9月1日火曜日

Rain :/

Yesterday I biked down to the Mitaka City Hall to apply for my foreigner registration card and the National Health Service. It was raining ridiculously hard all day, and by the time I arrived, I was wetter than I had ever been without actually being immersed in water. It was not comfortable. On my way back I bought a pretty nice raincoat at Hard Off.

Japan is desperately afraid of foreigners, so when you come to Japan for a stay of more than 90 days you have to register yourself at your local city office and get a card which says you are allowed to be in Japan. Police can stop you and demand to see your card, and if you don't have it you can be thrown in jail or something, probably. You are required to have the card on you at all times. Oh, Japan!

In other news: vending machines.

...Well, my internet won't stay connected long enough to upload the pictures, so more on vending machines in another post.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿