2009年8月30日日曜日

Kaimono


The past two days my main activity has been shopping. I ate at McDonald's and managed to get salad dressing all over my clothes. Their salad dressing containers are very confusing.
















As you can see it has two stories and is open 24 hours. There is also a KFC near there, known locally as "Kentakii."





The greatest find of my shopping experience was J-Mart, which I assume stands for Japanese Wal-Mart, because that is what it is. You can get everything from towels to garden hoses to liquor, just like Wal-Mart except twice as expensive. I bought towels and liquor.



Yes, J-Mart does have a parking garage. It is very popular.




One super awesome thing I have discovered twice now about Japan is: no one will card me! I have bought alcohol two times, once at a konbini with prominent signs everywhere with UNDER 20 crossed out in a red circle, I assume these said the eqivalent of "we are not going to sell you liquor if you are UNDER 20". In America I get carded buying cigarettes, at hookah bars, even at movie theaters! But in Japan, I am home free. It would almost be more fun if I was not 20, because I'm pretty sure they're not carding me because I'm a foreigner.


Here are some flavored beer-like beverages, which I wish desperately they would sell in cans like these in America:





These are a "gintoniku" Cocktail Partner, something with oranges that I can't read, and Double Lemon Strong Zero. The gin tonic thing tasted like limey tonic water; I will not be purchasing again. The strong zero was very lemony, just as promised, but not very good. The best one was definitely the orange fruity thing in the middle.



At J-Mart I bought some Carlo Rossi California Red Wine, the cheapest, at about $6, of the available wines that I could read. Unfortunately I cannot open it because I'm a weakling, so no review on that yet.



In other news: yesterday I bought a bike! This is very exciting because I can now get places 3 times as fast. It was the "ichiban yasui" bike at the bike store, only 7800 yen. It has a basket and a bike lock and a light. I like it a lot.



I'll put in a better picture later.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿