2009年8月28日金曜日


So I have been in Japan about 3 days. It is pretty crazy. Lots of things have happened so I'll break it down into relevant sections.



On the Airplane

It was a very nice 14 hour flight. There weren't a lot of people so I got my little two-seat row to myself. An old Japanese couple sat in front of me, and ordered a lot of alcohol. I slept, or at least hibernated, most of the way. When I woke up I got veggie pizza from business class cause they were out of economy cheese. Then we flew over Japan. It has a lot of mountains.








Mountains and rivers, maybe? And tiny houses.


At the Airport
I landed at Narita Airport. Unfortunately I do not have any pictures of this; I was feeling way too much like a tourist anyway. Reason #1 why Japan > America: free luggage carts at the airport. You don't have to pay! And my luggage was unbelievably heavy.

At Narita I completed my first Japanese vending machine purchase with hardly any difficulty. I chose an appetizing beverage called Pocari Sweat.




Pictured here: Pocari Sweat, an amusingly named "ion supplement" drink, and Peach Fanta, super delicious.


After changing some dollars into yen and picking up my rental phone (aka the ugliest phone in the world), I made my way to the hotel shuttle.



The ugliest phone in the world.




Hotel Nikko Narita

The hotel room was tiny but nice. They provided slippers and a big shirt thing to sleep in.





The toilet was awesome.





Reason #2 Japan > America: Automatic bidets on all the toilets.



For dinner I had cup noodles and an allegedly apricot onigiri from the tiny store in the lobby. So far I have been subsisting on onigiri, more on that later.

Coming soon: Day 2 - Riding the Train, Dilemma in Shinjuku Station, Lugging Luggage, Moving In, Shopping.

1 件のコメント: